Hi again Catan strategists!
Colonist Championship 4 will be held the 22nd of February and here's what you want to know:
Who: Everyone who likes playing Settlers of Catan
Where: colonist.io and discordapp.com
When: 22nd of February -- Start 1 PM - 9 PM (UTC/GMT +0)**
- Group Stage (swiss of 3 different tables)
Prize pool: $350! More details below.
Full schedule below.
Let's jump right into the most important changes, shall we?
If you have played in previous Colonist Championships, you know we work hard, but you also know we have a couple of problems. We're trying some ideas to see if we can fix them.
I want all tables to be 4-player games, so all players have an equal chance to win a game (levels of skill not applied in this reasoning). However, some people quit after a loss or two. There will be enough back-up players to fill in, if players leave the tournament without notifying me.
This is no joke. In Colonist Championship 4 the 15 players who perform best in the three swiss rounds move on to the Semi-Finals and to make that 16, we have The Joker...
The Joker is the player with the best performance in the third round only. I want people to continue playing and I think this is the best way to motivate players after two tough losses to continue.
What is the best performance?
The highest Victory Point-percentage in round 3 will be calculated as follows:
(Sum of your points in all your games) / (Sum of all players points in the games you played) = Your VP%
Ha Ha Ha
How to join:
- Join the tournament here: http://bit.ly/CCS4_Signup
- Join the Colonist-io Discord-server here: https://discord.gg/XZJCBQU
If you want help, you can ask Treeckosaurus#6623 for help!
If you're in the server, everything will be made clear! This, for example, is where you can play the matches and with the settings below:
How to compete:
Make or join a room on https://colonist.io/
You can find your opponents in the Discord-server, when the brackets are released!
When you play a match, the host can just select Tournament Mode. It has the following settings:
- Game mode: Settlers of Catan
- Private Game: Yes
- Hide Bank Card: Yes
- Friendly Robber: No
- Map: Tournament Map
- Players: 4 (unless only 3 available)
- Card Discard Limit: 7
- Victory Points for Win: 10
- Game Speed: Normal
- Bot Speed: Normal
I've won a tournament game! Hurray! :)
But, now what?
If you won a game, take a screenshot and upload to the Colonist-io Discord-server in: #-tournament-screenshot
It is considered helpful, if you take a screenshot if you lost as well btw.
If you won a match in the first round, you have a pretty good chance of moving on to the Semi-Finals... First I'll look at the amount of wins all players have. If Player A has more wins than Player B, Player A ranks ahead of Player B. If both players have the same amount of wins, I use the following tie-breakers:
Group stage tie-breakers:
- Total Wins
- Total amount of Victory Points
- (Sum of your points in all your games) / (Sum of all players points in the games you played) = Your point percentage
- The order in which the players registered to the tournament
The next block is common sense, I hope... :)
Terms and conditions:
- You are not allowed to join with more than one account
- If a player disconnects or leaves the game, he/she can connect within 180 seconds and continue the game;
- The game starts when the map has loaded;
- Being abusive by spamming, harassing, threatening or insulting other players in chat on colonist.io or on challonge.com is not a tolerated behaviour and will result in (but is not limited to) the following: warnings, disqualifications, getting banned from future tournaments. If you encounter any breach of these rules while taking part in this tournament, take screenshots and contact the tournament host (on the Colonist-io Discord-server);
- You are responsible for all the actions taken on your account and only you are allowed to play on your account.
- Abusing different glitches, cheats or non intended bugs in-game will disqualify you instantly.
- All actions that are in "bad faith," that is, not in the friendly, polite spirit of this tournament are prohibited. The host reserves the right to judge whether actions are taken in "bad faith" and assign consequences accordingly.
The time table for this Settlers of Catan tournament can be found below. Rounds start at this exact time.
(I've learned from last time...)
- Sign-up starts: now
- Sign-up ends: 2:30 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Check-in starts: 2 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Check-in ends: 2:30 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Brackets published: 2:50 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Round 1 starts: 2:50 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Round 2 brackets published: 4:20 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Round 2 starts: 4:20 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Round 3 brackets published: 5:40 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Round 3 starts: 5:40 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Round 3 ends: 7 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Semi-Finals start: 7:10 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
- Final starts: 8:15 PM (UTC/GMT +0 -- 22nd of February)
And what can you win, next to the fame and the "Hat"?
Prize pool (provided by Colonist.io)
Winner: $40,- (+ a Founder’s Pack)
Finalists: $20,- (+ a Colonist’s Pack)
- Winner: https://colonist.io/dist/images/medal_gold.svg
- Finalists (top 4) https://colonist.io/dist/images/medal_silver.svg
- Semi-finalists (top 15 + The Joker) https://colonist.io/dist/images/medal_bronze.svg
- Participants (player who complete 3 matches) https://colonist.io/dist/images/medal_normal.svg
Thank you for reading this article! If you want to join the tournament, you can do so here: http://bit.ly/CCS4_Signup